Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Day without Electricity

It is not easy to spend a day without the electricity, and I fail to spend a day without electricity because most important objects such as the refrigerator and the light bulb are necessary in daily life. Without the electricity on the refrigerator a day, most foods can go to spoil and no longer to eat them as meals. My mom probably needs to buy all foods again. Most foods in the refrigerator are Korean foods and they are easily spoiled if they keep in lower temperature unlike junk food such as hamburger. Additionally, it is harder to use the bathroom without the electricity. Bathroom is placed in the middle of the apartment, and there is no window; therefore, the bathroom always dark and hard to see anything without the electricity. Even though use the candle, it can place on washing desk only and not help to take a shower unless there are some place in the wall which the water from water pipe cannot reach and there is not possibility to I might touch it mistakenly during showering. Hard and thick shower- curtain block between the bathtub and bath area. Moreover, I can neither turn off the home phone nor not hear voice messages on home phone every day. Sometimes, emergency messages such as some problem with the bank delivering the messages and my parents unable to understand it because they cannot speak and listen the English- they can speak Korean only. Thus, it is my job to translate the important message to them and help them to solve both banks and their mistake sometimes with the bank cooperation through the phone. I would miss important messages and hard to solve the problem later. Furthermore, I cannot avoid using the computer every day. I check my e- mails every day because my parents write down my e- mail address on important documents such as bank and one of them car insurance. Important messages were sent by these companies if there are some changes in their company or some emergency problem is occurring. There will be serious problem might occur if I do not use any electricity for the computer. There are some reasons what happen might occur without electricity and why I fail to not use the electricity. The electricity charging important part of my family and my life. I cannot imagine the world without the electricity.







No comments:

Post a Comment