Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Identity Art

I draw a picture of a businessman who sitting on a chair with classmates last week. Professor divided into six parts and let us draw it part by part. It has been shown by the projector and had to see it while I draw it. When I saw the first part of it only, I could not guess what picture is about. Different types of lines move in different directions, and some of them are intersecting with each other. Thus, it was an interesting moment to guess several possibilities of the full image. Since I draw third part of it, I could guess its full image uniquely like a person who has long nails and huge body but I could not think its sitting position makes a person look huge. After I drew some lines in the last part (I did not finish drawing), I might recognize its appearance and position, and also, I could understand that how I misunderstand the view of the picture when I just see the picture part by part. Moreover, I learned that the view of photo, pictures, and objects are diverse depending on looking method. If I did not see it in full picture, I would not still recognize that its upside and downside was changed. There is another fact that upside parts of a drawing, look bigger and thicker than downside parts of the drawings. From these activities, I learn that how drawing can be changed depending on methods. If I know the full image of the picture before I start the drawing, then I would calculate its balance and measurement of a body part to make this picture fit better on a paper. The businessman from my drawing looks monster which has unbalance and weird body portion. However, it was one of the greatest experience I ever had in my life. I would not know that contrast between part by part drawing and whole drawing and qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment